“You”, “your” refers to client. “I”, “me”, “we”, “our” refers to Karen Herriot.
- Karen Herriot and her colleagues (used periodically for back-up, to ensure safe and timely service in the rare case that we’re both out of town) are Certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialists. That means we all process placentas in the same manner, using high quality and properly sterilized equipment.
- We provide the service of turning your own placenta into capsules for your own use.
- All methods of encapsulation are practiced using OSHA standards and are subject to strict hygiene standards, and to the best of our awareness of Environmental Health.
- Details are covered on our Placenta Services page and in the Placenta Capsules FAQs.
- Your personal information is confidential and only shared between ourselves.
- Processing usually takes 1-3 days from the time of pick-up.
- Please enter Karen’s cell numbers into your phone (306) 529-5753.
- Print Birth Bag Note and keep it with your birth bag – it has all the details you’ll need (can also be accessed online).
- Have a container in your birth-supplies, to be used as a back-up in case your birth attendants don’t provide one. Instructions are in the Birth Bag Note.
- If possible, please text when you go into labour to give a ‘heads up’ (only 8am-9pm).
- Inform your birth attendants / hospital staff that you plan to keep your placenta (verbally or in Birth Plan).
- Text to let us know placenta is born, between 8am – 9pm. If birth occurs between 9pm – 8am then keep placenta chilled as outlined in Birth Bag Note.
- If payment isn’t arranged ahead of time, then please provide cash or e-transfer when placenta is picked up. Fees are outlined below.
- Please complete this online Consent Form / agreement.
Fees are due before we start the processing of your placenta. Fees are outlined below. Please check the appropriate boxes. We accept the following payment methods:
- Cash with placenta.
- Cheque (dated 2 weeks before your due-date) to “K. Herriot” mailed and received by 37 weeks. (2517 Coronation St,
Regina SK S4S 0L1)
- E-transfer to karenherriot(at)gmail(dot)com .
Cancellation policy: If you cancel at anytime before we pick up your placenta, then all fees are waived. If you prepaid then all placenta encapsulation fees are returned. All fees are payable once the placenta has been picked up.
Risks: There are general risks with consuming your placenta, as with ingesting any meats. It’s possible that pathogens (bacteria, virus) can be present if the placenta is not processed according to strict guidelines (outlined in our FAQs) or is not kept cool (per instructions in Birth Bag Note) before processing.
Distance Processing (for out-of-town clients): If you give birth in Regina we’ll pick up your placenta. For out of town birth, please package and send the placenta as outlined in the Birth Bag Note. If you’re shipping the placenta, it must be pre-paid (paid for when and where it’s dropped off for shipping). If we’re shipping the capsules to you, please add an additional $25, as outlined in the fees. There is no extra fee if you arrange for pick-up (e.g. friend, family) or put it on your courier account.
You have read the above information. You consent to having your placenta handled and processed by Karen Herriot and/or one of her carefully selected back-up encapsulators. You agree that the aforementioned are not liable and do not take responsibility for any results or effects you may experience before, during or after the placenta encapsulation. You understand that the placenta encapsulators are providing the service of turning your own placenta into capsules for your use only. The encapsulators are not selling products, and are not diagnosing or prescribing with this service.
Privacy: Your information stays with us and is only used for us to contact you. We are vaults of privacy! Comes with this line of work.